INVOKANA® is the first type 2 diabetes medication proven in a landmark clinical study to lower the risk of:
- End-stage kidney disease (ESKD)
- Worsening of kidney function
- Cardiovascular death
- Hospitalization for heart failure
In adults with type 2 diabetes and diabetic kidney disease (nephropathy) with a certain amount of protein in the urine.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack, stroke, or cardiovascular death in people with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease.
- Lowers blood sugar (A1C) in adults with type 2 diabetes, along with diet and exercise.
Type 2 diabetes can really hurt your kidneys—and you may not even know it’s happening.
Our kidneys work hard to do some very important things for us. But unfortunately, type 2 diabetes can cause diabetic kidney disease, a serious situation that can have no early symptoms and can lead to dialysis, transplant, hospitalization for heart failure, and even death. What should you do? What’s an eGFR number—and why is it important to know it? Learn the answers to these important questions and more here.